Career Opportunity for 0.7 FTE Business Manager
The Danish Canadian Museum is in Central West Alberta about 40 minutes from Red Deer in a serene rural 13 acre setting by Dickson, Alberta which was first settled in 1904 by Danish immigrant pioneers. The Museum features Danish Canadian ‘National’ Heritage from across Canada as well as our sought out cultural cuisine at the Saga Café and several special events attracting thousands of visitors each season from May to September.
The Museum is seeking applications for a 0.7 FTE Business Manager with leadership skills and experience in the not-for-profit, museum or tourism and hospitality sector. The Business Manager is an effective team player skilled at multi tasking, communication and balancing priorities. The responsibilities and duties include:
• Create a work environment that inspires and promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
• Provide leadership guidance, training and enthusiasm to the seasonal visitor services team.
• Ensures an excellent visitor experience by continuously using customer feedback and elevating the product and service delivery to create ‘hygge’
• Provide energy, advice and support to the events volunteer team as well as coordination and participation with staff during peak operational periods and on events days.
• Develop and implement captivating, inviting communications materials for a wide range of delivery, optimizing social media and website tools with traditional methods Excel at fostering relationships and partnerships with our network of local and regional museums, tourism partners, the Danish Federation and Clubs across Canada, as well as community groups and businesses.
• Comfortable and willing to engage in asking for support or funding from individuals, members and businesses.
• Astute business acumen provides financial oversight and focus on key financial processes and early identification of issues for the Board of Directors and the Management Committee.
• Possess an outgoing interactive style that translates into being the face of the museum with our members, key stakeholders, supporters and volunteers.
• Implement the strategic planning and vision while supporting the board in setting ambitious operational goals with clear action plans, performance indicators and timelines.
• Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
• Post secondary training in Museum management or the tourism and hospitality sector or alternatively, demonstrated significant and diverse experience in these sectors,
• Experience operating multi-concept portfolios is a definite asset
• Fluency in English, while Danish would be an asset
• A track record of being customer/client focused, with ability to interact seamlessly
• Proven ability to work independently and lead teams to successfully complete projects
• Strong written and oral presentation skills
• Strong planning, analytical and financial management skills
• Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office and POS Systems
• Preference will be for those who continue to upgrade industry knowledge and demonstrate continuous learning
Please apply with your qualifications to xxxxxx before 4 pm February 20, 2018